We are expert in designing & getting Town planning permit & Building Permit approval for Boutique apartments, High-end Luxury houses, Childcare Centres, Medical Centres, Aged care, Townhouses developments, Terrace Home Developments and Mix Commercial Developments.
We design unique building for every project, tailored to specific site conditions & our client’s needs. We design practical solutions that meet the goal of our customers and increase the value of the project.
BOUTIQUE APARTMENTS DESIGN
VAASTU is a small to medium scale boutique apartments designer company. The core criteria for good apartment interior design is well considered internal planning and providing all the functionality and liveability of a house, albeit within a smaller space. It is crucial that every nook and square meter of floor space be utilised, but without cramming. We aim to maximise the potential of the site and focus on getting best approval for our client.
TERRACE HOMES DESIGN
Terrace home development is a good alternative development solution to boutique apartment development in current residential development market. it’s the balanced residential product for developers who are looking to maximise the potential of their site in inner city suburbs and doesn’t prefer boutique apartment developments in current market. It’s a low maintenance, inner city suburb’s residential home solution for young professional’s and family who want to live closer to work and the city. At Vaastu, we focus on more efficient use of space and functional layout in each Terrace home development we design.
We design and develop innovative concepts and creative luxury townhouses design solutions. We have extensive experience in helping developers maximise blocks of all shapes and sizes.Our townhouse developments are designed with maximum efficiency and highest yield and offer amazing living spaces.
There are 3 types of dual occupancy developments are common in Melbourne.
- Two Townhouses one facing the street and other at rear
- Two side by side townhouses facing the street
- Two independent townhouses on a corner block both having street frontages
Feel free to contact us to know which option is best suited for your site.
We have an extensive range of dual occupancy / multi-unit design solutions for all types of properties.
Whether yours is a corner or non-corner site, a large block or just a backyard, Wewill maximise the potential of your land.
Whether it be your design or ours we can help you work through the best floor plan to suit your block together with council restrictions that may affect your land. There can be numerous infrastructure requirements/levies and other misc items with services to your block and we can assist you with these service providers.
Dual Occupancy or Duplex homes can be a stressful lengthy council pre site process so it is key to have the right professionals advising you, this could be the difference between a short timeframe or perhaps years.
CUSTOM LUXURY HOME DESIGN
“Luxury is anything that feels special.” At Vaastu Designers, we understand our role in making a home feel truly special. It is a role that celebrates the architect’s design and exceeds a client’s expectations. Through passion, collaboration, and a relentless pursuit of perfection we ensure every home we work on is a luxurious one.
FRENCH PROVINCIAL HOME
“Luxury is anything that feels special.” French Provincial style is one of the most popular design genres out there, whether it’s describing the architecture of a home or the furnishings within it. “It’s a popular style because it appears to exude history, respectability, apparent good taste.
French provincial aesthetic combines ornate carvings, mouldings and decorative wrought iron with simple textures and sturdy furniture, blending beauty and elegance. Tastefully relaxed and inviting, the French Provincial style has always been a great choice in established South East suburbs of Melbourne.
We have a vast portfolio showcasing numerous French provincial home around Melbourne.
Contemporary architecture creates designs that embody all the differences in styles, making the buildings of modern times masterpieces. Unlike modern architecture, which is defined as the building style during the early to mid-twentieth century, Contemporary architecture refers to present-day building style.
Contemporary design is based upon new and innovative technologies of construction, particularly the use of glass, steel, new innovative cladding, and reinforced concrete; the idea that form should follow function; and embrace minimalism.
Cotemporary homes are best suited to soak up any panoramic views. Beach house, Ocean house, Mountain view house, river view house, and Lakeview house are just few types to name in this category.
Vaastu has an exclusive edge on designing this style of home.
Please view our luxury house portfolio.
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT: CHILDCARE CENTRE, MEDICAL CENTRE & AGED CARE
Commercial Architecture is carefully crafting anengaging environment but relaxed building that can accommodate range of commercial uses
and various interior fit out can be facilitated. We have been involved in designing various range of commercial projects in last 20 years such as childcare centre, Medical centres, aged care, wineries, office complexes, warehouses & show rooms.
Our focus is to maximise the potential of the development to achieve maximum yield for our client.
Childcare architecture should be contemporary, practical and full of fun.
Good childcare design includes floods of natural light, extensive green interactive play areas, bright aesthetic inside out and functional outdoor and indoor spaces.At Vaastu, we design childcare which are simple, functional and easy to build to maximise the potential of the site. Please view our luxury house portfolio.
Vaastu specialises in child care facility design throughout Melbourne.
Our architectural designs for Kindergartens, Preschools and Childcare Centres are driven by our belief that childcare spaces should provide a variety of sensory and learning experiences and meet the physical needs of the children in a safe and secure environment.
We understands that a balanced design is required, as the childcare centre must be suitable, easy to use and a practical environment for the supervising carers.Simply, a well designed preschool or childcare centre benefits not only the child, by enhancing their imagination and development, but also practically supports the supervising staff, allowing them to focus on the care and development of the children.
While preschools, long day care centres, kindergartens and childcare centres are in much demand and a growth area in Australia, we understand that the development of a Childcare Centre must be assessed against the physical suitability of the chosen site, local Council objectives and the strict requirements of the Child Services Regulations to determine its feasibility.
We also understand that experience in the design of previous Pre-schools, Long Day Care Centres, Kindergartens and Childcare Centres is extremely important. As Building Designers we have learnt from every new childcare centre and from every new director that we have worked with. On each occasion we gain a better understanding of the principles of good childcare practice, as we continue to explore ways to turn these principles into three-dimensional spaces that enhance the children’s developmental growth.
MEDICAL CENTRE DESIGN
Medical centre should achieve a balance between a positive health care experience and function efficiency. At Vaastu, while designing any Medical centres, Dental surgeries, specialist suites, We focus on Functionality, accessibility and ergonomics to meet the needs of specialist practitioners.
We guide you through the entire design development process so that every aspect is addressed in interior design and project briefs.we understand that given its functional complexities, specialist medical architecture starts with strategic planning and we should encourage our involvement in the initial planning stage, drawing out what doctors and practice managers have in mind, and accommodate medical staff and patients alike.We analyze in detail the experience in each area for all end users, so that areas are designed to provide efficient functionality in welcoming, relaxing spaces.From the earliest stages, we work closely with clients and other stakeholders to fully understand the needs and goals of their organisation.Even at the first drawing, we are designing with the experience of the patient and the practitioner in mind, ensuring that the former is comforted whilst the latter has everything they require to do their work efficiently. Allow us to help enhance the capabilities and the functionality of your medical or dental clinic and start a conversation with us today.
TOWN PLANNING PERMIT
We are expert in designing & getting Town planning permit approval for Boutique apartments, High-end Luxury houses, Childcare Centres, Medical Centres, Aged care, Townhouses developments, Terrace Home Developments and Mix Commercial Developments. We design unique building for each & every project, tailored to specific site conditions & our client’s needs. Our focus is to maximise the potential of the development to achieve maximum yield for our client while complying with all the council regulations.We have obtained hundreds of planning applications through local councils across Melbourne. This experience enables us to push the design envelope and obtain planning permits under the best possible conditions for our clients.
Our work typically includes:
- Consultation with Client
- Prepare Brief as necessary
- Review and amend Brief as necessary
- Consultation with Authorities
- Site Master Planning / Analysis (Site Analysis and Design)
- Consultation with local authorities and organize a pre-application meeting if required
- Architectural Design Services, including co-ordinating and integrating preliminary Consultants’ (Land surveyor, Town planner) information & Services
- The development and expansion of architectural schematic design drawings & documents
- Site plan
- Floor plans
- Area analysis
- Roof plan
- 4 Elevations
- Section through the site
- Shadow diagrams as per council requirement
- Site & Neighbourhood photos
- Town Planning Report (Prepared by Town Planner) – Vaastu to co-ordinate, liaise and have meetings with Town Planner
- Landscape plan (Prepared by Landscape designer) – Vaastu to co-ordinate and liaise with Landscape designer
- Evaluate the requirement of energy assessment.
- Preliminary selection of finishes – Exterior & Interior
- Preparation of Finishes Schedules
- Presentations to Client and / or Nominees
- Preparation of Town Planning Application documents and Application in conjunction with Town planner & other consultants as per the Council requirements.
- Liaise with Town planner on the progress of the application
- Responding to council’s queries and answer request for further information
- Amendment to submitted drawings as per council requirements
- Production of endorsement drawings
BUILDING PERMIT DRAWINGS OR WORKING DRAWINGS
Working Drawings is required as part of the Building Permit submission and to provide to the Builder to quote and to assist him with building the project. A good set of Building Permit drawings is essential in minimising on-site costs and time blowouts. At Vaastu we prepare the detailed set of architectural drawing set as per client’s requirements.
Our work typically includes:
- Liaise with Client
- The development and expansion of architectural schematic design drawings &
- Evaluate the requirement of energy assessment
- Selection of final finishes – Exterior &
- Preparation of Finishes, Fittings, Fixtures schedules
- Architectural Documentation consisting of the preparation of documents setting forth in detail the architectural construction requirements
- Preparation of Project Specifications
- Presentations to Client
- The development and expansion of building permit drawings &
- Existing site plan&Proposed site plan
Site Plan showing title boundaries, dimensions and bearings, existing site levels, proposed site cuts, proposed floor levels, location of retaining walls, downpipes, rainwater heads, set out dimensions, north point, legal point of discharge.
- Set-out and Partition plans – Dimensioned floor plan(s) showing floor levels, location of smoke alarms, exhaust fans, door dimensions, window dimensions, stair risers, room names, bulkheads, raked ceilings, fittings, fixtures and joinery items.
- Detailed Floor plans
- Detailed Roof plan
- Detailed Elevations – Elevations showing all elevations of the proposal, floor levels, proposed and existing ground lines, window and door set out and locations, eaves overhang information, external materials and finishes.
- Sections through the sitesections showing room names, ceiling heights, proposed levels, major construction elements, notes referring to engineer’ work and building regulations, highlight of potential problem areas for Builder, highlight of how rooms with lower ceilings comply with building regulations.
- Reflected ceiling plans (electrical plans)
- Door window schedule
- Kitchen plan and Elevations
- Ensuite, Bathrooms, Laundry & Powder room plans and Elevations
- Joinery Details
- Lift and/or stair drawings
- External and Internal Materials/Colour/Finishes selection and specification
- Internal fittings and fixtures schedule
- Consultation and co-ordinate Consultants requirements such as Structural, Civil, ESD etc.
- Structural Engineering drawings (Prepared by Structural consultant) – Vaastu to co-ordinate with Structural Engineer
- Civil Engineering drawings (Prepared by Civil consultant) – Vaastu to co-ordinate, liaise with Civil Engineer
- Energy rating assessment (Prepared by ESD consultant) – Vaastu to co-ordinate and liaise with ESD Consultants
- Geotechnical Report (Soil Report) (Prepared by Geotech Consultant)
- Existing site plan&Proposed site plan
- Preparation of Building Permit (Working drawings) & documents and lodgement with Builder for Building Permit
Co-ordinate and liaise with builder for building permit submission
Vaastu have been specialising in residential building design and architectural drafting services for new homes, Townhouses, Apartments, Childcare Centres, Medical Centres, multi-unit developments Based in Burwood, Vaastu is one of the most respected local drafting companies in the Eastern & South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
A fast-turn around and affordable rates are just part of the service you’ll get when engaging Vaastu to assist with Drafting Services in Melbourne. We have experienced in dealing with all Melbourne and regional Victorian Councils, with expert knowledge in local Codes and the BCA.
The design and drafting of your project is absolutely critical to the final outcome of construction. Our focus on customer service, quality results, and innovative project management will see your project through design, drafting, council approvals, 3D tours, right through to building tender.