American soldiers who were serving in World War I saw a different style of houses in the French countryside. After that, this kind of homes started getting built in the US too. While this design originated in France in the 1600s, it became quite popular in the 1920s. Then for some period it lost its charm but is now once again popular among the people. The one thing that appeals to people the most is the elegance of the French Provincial Home Architecture.
The French Provincial Home Architecture
French Provincial Architecture has specific standalone characteristics that distinguish it from other forms of architecture.
1. They Have A Proportioned Layout
Unlike most of the different styles, French Style Homes are built in symmetry and quite balanced. Their balance can be seen in the well-proportioned structure of these homes. The windows in these homes are equally divided on both sides so that the balance is maintained.
2. Their Exteriors Are Made Of Brick
Unlike other houses in the US, where timber is preferred for the exteriors, French Provincial Architecture uses bricks or stones. While it is not a rule to use bricks for the entire exterior, architects sometimes use timber along with bricks to add decorative elements to the house.
3. Steep And Hipped Roofs Are A Distinguishing Feature
These houses have steep roofs that slope down towards the walls of the house. Their steep roofs are visible from a distance and are therefore decorated with wooden elements.
4. They Have Tall Windows On The Second Story
These houses are known to have tall and arched windows on the second Stories. These tall windows sometimes protrude out of the roof line of the house.
While these houses are once again gaining popularity, they are always on the higher side when it comes to expenses.
Get a Free Consultation Today!
- Beach House Design - The Beach House Design are usually built by the waterfront and large windows are located on either side. The large glass windows and façade are the most attractive features of beach houses. This also helps to get the most out of the property as the sea breeze can passes through an impressive window. For this reason, […]
- Beach House Brighton - Beach House Brighton whether flat or sloping, is ideal for merging the design of a one or two-storey house through a sustainable modern architectural plan. These designs are featured with the light colour, proper ventilation system, textured tall walls, stylish bathroom and exterior are designed with open verandas and multiple levels façade that indicates the […]
- Beach Home Designs Sydney - Sydney is the main tourist spot in Australia as the place is an intriguing spot. Beautiful beach home were started to build in Sydney from the end of nineteen centuries. Many of these old beach home in Sydney are in fine condition. However, these houses have been refurbished to provide quiet, modern comfort. These beach […]
- Australian Beach House Designs - The design of an Australian Beach House offers a broad focus on form function, opulence with practicality and space for entertainment, as well as extensive privacy. There are many Features of Australian Beach Houses that make these houses more attractive than other types of house. These are simple clean lines that emphasize straight and flat […]
- Brighton Beach House Designs Melbourne - Brighton Beach House Designs Melbourne is designed to maintain the open arrangement of lifestyle. This is done by moving from several separate rooms to an open-plan. This kind of design encourages one or more flexible spaces that can be used for several applications. The glazing window panel is the key to Beach House Designs in […]
- Beach House Architecture Ideas - Many of the modern Beach House Architecture Ideas is centred on blending traditional and modern design. These ideas help in building distinctive beautiful buildings in a unique environment. Furthermore, these architectural ideas are made perfectly to let their owners and enjoy the most. Regardless of style or décor, every beach house’s architecture is designed to […]
- Australian Beach House Architecture - The main aim of Australian Beach House Architecture is to give you feeling that can be compared to the life of the holiday dream all year round in a truly luxurious resort. Architectures that provide luxurious personal living spaces are essential to the Australian Beach House Lifestyle. The specially designed architecture provides efficient environmental temperature […]
- Beach House Designs Melbourne - Beach House Designs Melbourne facilities relaxed atmosphere to their owners. The Beaches of Melbourne, St Kilda Beach, Elwood Beach, Half Moon Bay, Dendy Street Beach, Mothers Beach, Williamstown Beach, Sorrento Ocean Beach, Altona Beach, Gunnamatta Beach and Hampton Beach are designed to access the view of beautiful white sand beaches and sparkling waters to enjoy […]
- Australian Beach House Facades - The design of Beach House Facades is equally important as the interior. In contemporary coastal homes, Horizontal weatherboard is preferred in general as horizontal lines portray the form of the horizon and the timber adds a desired textural division. Furthermore, this kind of weatherboard looks identical to old-fashioned timber cladding. Some famous types of Australian […]
- Beach Bathroom Designs - For the owners of an Australian Beach House, designing a bathroom that is suitable for the entire family is at the top of their priority list. They wanted a Beach Bathroom Designs that will produce a lively and fresh, but also allow the uses of modern bathroom features. Beautiful Beach Bathrooms use marble that gives […]