Features of French Provincial Homes
If you’ve ever been to France, you must have been wowed by the kind of homes there. Homes in France are very different from that of the other countries. They have some peculiar characteristics that make them unique. There are specialized architecture agencies that can help you design your home in the French way. French provincial architect can guide you through the entire process. Here are some unique features of French Provincial Homes.
1. These Houses are Made of Brick
As opposed to timber standard in other nations, houses in France are made of brick or stones. You will see that sometimes they even feature half-timbering. This gives these houses a unique look.
2. French Homes are Symmetrical
Homes built in French style are quite balanced. You will observe that the entrance to these houses lies in the middle, with an equal number of windows on each side of the house. It is well proportioned. Some apartments also have a round tower at their entrance.
3. These Houses Have Steep Roofs
French style homes have a very distinctive style of roof. Their roofs are very steep and hipped. In a hipped roof, all its sides slope down towards the walls of the house. Some houses built in the French style also have dormers. Dormers are new structures protruding out of the roof. They also have windows.
4. The Second Story is a Tall One in French Houses
French houses have tall second story. Tall windows and arches also distinguish these story on their tops. Windows can even extend beyond the roof line in some homes.
If you too are looking forward to designing your house in French architectural style, you should take the help of French Provincial Architect. They will guide you about all the features before you decide to build your home in the French style.
Get a Free Consultation Today!
- Granny Flat Designs To Get Your Home Smarter - Granny flats are small-sized flats that complement the main house of a duplex setup. Here are some ideas for house with granny flat designs that can be incorporated: Abundant Windows Lofted ceiling and abundance of windows in the flat can make it light-filled. Add clerestory windows on the top of the walls to provide privacy […]
- Dual Occupancy Designs for Modern Homes - Dual Occupancy Homes are becoming highly popular these days due to the amount of the space that they have to offer to incorporate the functionalities that the owner wants and also that they are a source of cash flow in case the owner wants to give them on rent: Here are some of the dual occupancy […]
- Terrace Home Plans - Terraced Home is the most popular housing style in the west. This style is now adopted by many parts of the world. As the population is increasing and the land to live on is decreasing, developments that require lesser space are coming into fashion. Terrace Home Designed earlier were not comfortable. A good layout plan […]
- Terraced Houses Plan Designs - Terraced Houses are small, compact-sized house. Due to their size, their architectural layout plays an important role. A well-architect-ed house will still be a choice of many regardless of the size. The concept that should be employed primarily for the renovation and restoration of these developments should be space management. Incorporating light and neutral color […]
- A Quick Sneak-Peak into Australian Duplex Designs - Australian constructions are famous all over the world for their interesting designs. Especially Australian duplex designs that allow you to live plentifully and comfortably as it comprises of two independent developments sharing a common wall. The independent developments are known to be a mirror image of each other. The designs also go by the name […]
- TERRACE HOME DESIGN - TERRACE HOME DESIGN : Terraced Houses originated in the 16th century and the layouts that we follow till date are not very comfortable but these houses can be easily modified as per our comfort and luxury. Terrace Homes also have a huge scope of development and redesign. Using neutral colors for the developments make them look […]
- Terraced Houses Plans - Terraced Houses are small, compact-sized house. Due to their size, their architectural layout plays an important role. A well-architected house will still be a choice of many regardless of the size. Terraced Houses originated in the 16th century and the layouts that we follow till date are not very comfortable but these houses can be […]
- Terraced Houses - Terraced Houses originated in the 16th century and the layouts that we follow till date are not very comfortable but these houses can be easily modified as per our comfort and luxury. Terrace Homes also have a huge scope of development and redesign. Using neutral colors for the developments make them look more spacious and […]
- TERRACE HOMES - Terraced House are living units often situated in urban areas and cities with lack of space. These houses are preferred because of the advantages they bring along. These small development are gaining popularity by employees or small family man/woman. Terraced Houses are developed in rows and they are more vertical than horizontal. Let’s take a […]
- Buying A Terraced House - Terrace Homes are climbing the charts in urban areas due to the ever-increasing population and decreasing land space. People living in apartments are drifting towards terraced homes because of their affordable rates. There are some design aspects which you should take a look at before buying a terraced house. Terraced Homes are often referred to […]