House built in the French Provincial Home Style have something different about them. This style which originated in France in the 1600s later became popular across the world in the 1900s. The French Provincial Facade is so beautiful and satisfying to look at that you would want a similar kind of home for yourself. Although there is a different kind of architectural genius needed to build these houses, you can always incorporate its unique elements in your present home.
Elements Of The French Provincial Home Style
Here are some of the unique elements of the French Provincial Style Homes.
1. Rustic Wood
You can incorporate rustic wood in the furnishings of your house to give it a French Look. For instance, use a wooden dining table and chairs that are simple yet sophisticated. When putting on a white marble floor, the authenticity of this style increases.
2. Warm Interiors
The French Style of architecture is never too loud. You should, therefore, try and use lighter and warm tones for the interiors of your home. This includes the color of the walls, curtains, or blinds, and rugs.
Parquetry is an essential feature of these homes. This design in the wooden flooring is necessary to give your home a French look. Also, the architect will guide you about the variety of patterns that can be drawn.
4. Kitchen Island
In homes inspired by the French Style of Architecture, the central kitchen island is often made in a different color than the rest of the decor. Even the marble top can be carved with beautiful carvings to accentuate the look.
5. Exposed Beams
In French Style Homes, everything is made in rustic wood. Therefore, it looks good if the beams are exposed in the old and historic style.
No matter what design you choose, make sure that you are highlighting the French Provincial Facade.
Get a Free Consultation Today!
- Granny Flat Designs To Get Your Home Smarter - Granny flats are small-sized flats that complement the main house of a duplex setup. Here are some ideas for house with granny flat designs that can be incorporated: Abundant Windows Lofted ceiling and abundance of windows in the flat can make it light-filled. Add clerestory windows on the top of the walls to provide privacy […]
- Dual Occupancy Designs for Modern Homes - Dual Occupancy Homes are becoming highly popular these days due to the amount of the space that they have to offer to incorporate the functionalities that the owner wants and also that they are a source of cash flow in case the owner wants to give them on rent: Here are some of the dual occupancy […]
- Terrace Home Plans - Terraced Home is the most popular housing style in the west. This style is now adopted by many parts of the world. As the population is increasing and the land to live on is decreasing, developments that require lesser space are coming into fashion. Terrace Home Designed earlier were not comfortable. A good layout plan […]
- Terraced Houses Plan Designs - Terraced Houses are small, compact-sized house. Due to their size, their architectural layout plays an important role. A well-architect-ed house will still be a choice of many regardless of the size. The concept that should be employed primarily for the renovation and restoration of these developments should be space management. Incorporating light and neutral color […]
- A Quick Sneak-Peak into Australian Duplex Designs - Australian constructions are famous all over the world for their interesting designs. Especially Australian duplex designs that allow you to live plentifully and comfortably as it comprises of two independent developments sharing a common wall. The independent developments are known to be a mirror image of each other. The designs also go by the name […]
- TERRACE HOME DESIGN - TERRACE HOME DESIGN : Terraced Houses originated in the 16th century and the layouts that we follow till date are not very comfortable but these houses can be easily modified as per our comfort and luxury. Terrace Homes also have a huge scope of development and redesign. Using neutral colors for the developments make them look […]
- Terraced Houses Plans - Terraced Houses are small, compact-sized house. Due to their size, their architectural layout plays an important role. A well-architected house will still be a choice of many regardless of the size. Terraced Houses originated in the 16th century and the layouts that we follow till date are not very comfortable but these houses can be […]
- Terraced Houses - Terraced Houses originated in the 16th century and the layouts that we follow till date are not very comfortable but these houses can be easily modified as per our comfort and luxury. Terrace Homes also have a huge scope of development and redesign. Using neutral colors for the developments make them look more spacious and […]
- TERRACE HOMES - Terraced House are living units often situated in urban areas and cities with lack of space. These houses are preferred because of the advantages they bring along. These small development are gaining popularity by employees or small family man/woman. Terraced Houses are developed in rows and they are more vertical than horizontal. Let’s take a […]
- Buying A Terraced House - Terrace Homes are climbing the charts in urban areas due to the ever-increasing population and decreasing land space. People living in apartments are drifting towards terraced homes because of their affordable rates. There are some design aspects which you should take a look at before buying a terraced house. Terraced Homes are often referred to […]